After Daniel died family and friends decided to form a charitable trust in memory Of Daniel.
The Daniel Keys Foundation was formed in Auckland in March 2001 and registered with charitable tax free status.
The Trustees are:
- Daina Falvey (Daniel’s Partner)
- Dave Roberts (A work colleague, flatmate and friend)
- David Keys (Daniel’s father)
Daniel was passionate in his support of the underdog and challenging or pushing to the limit one’s personal
Accordingly the objectives of the Foundation are to make grants supporting the following:
- Scholarships for New Zealand Youth to assist their education / development
- Personal development programmes such as Spirit of Adventure and Outward Bound etc
- International Aid Agencies
- New Zealand Poverty Support Agencies
‘Ihe Trustees are keen to select beneficiaries who want to do something possibly an ad hoc/ one off programme to advance their personal development Examples could include: Flying lessons, a toast masters course, attending a fashion/art course, participating in a sports academy programme or attending a course in NZ or overseas.
The Fund & Donations:
After Daniel’s death a wide range of donations, from $5 to $1 was received by the Foundation.
Considerable support for The Foundation was received from friends and team mates of Daniel from London French, the rugby club Daniel played for in UK. After Daniel’s death London French retired Dan’s Number Three jersey and donated it to the Keys Family. Further details of London French are available at www.londpnfrench.co.uk
If you want further information about the Foundation, or if you wish to donate click on Contact Us.